Bruno Fernandes was his usual irrepressible self against Aston Villa.
The Portuguese star scored the winner from the penalty spot, his 15th goal of the season.
He left the pitch in the 85th minute, substituted for Dan James, and he did not look happy about it.
Part of the reason why may be because he left the pitch without an assist. His performance deserved one.
Fernandes created more chances than any player on the pitch. He made five key passes.
Jack Grealish on the Aston Villa side managed four. One United player matched him; Luke Shaw.
Shaw’s strong form continues
Shaw has been playing very well lately, having responded well to the challenge from Alex Telles.
In this match Shaw was a consistent threat going forward, constantly looking to overlap and provided a good outlet in attack.
He created four goalscoring chances in total, while Paul Pogba had two by comparison.
If not for a close range miss from Pogba in the second half, Shaw would have had an assist.
If there was one criticism of him it was defensively. He wasn’t quite alert enough for Villa’s equaliser, after Aaron Wan-Bissaka had allowed them to take a free-kick quickly on the other side.
Shaw made one tackle, two interceptions and two clearances. He worked hard, and it may feel like picking holes to focus on the error of the goal.
At the moment he is providing a lot to the team at both ends and it is understandable he is getting selected ahead of Telles.
To have two players alone creating nine chances combined shows the ability in this United side. The lesson for the team is to take your chances, and then the end may not be quite so frenetic.
- Mata’s impressed Solskjaer in training: Could he resume van de Beek partnership tonight?
- Manchester United loanee Facundo Pellistri returns to Alaves training after injury
- Solskjaer says United believe Will Fish could be a star
- Three things we want to see in Paul Pogba’s Amazon ‘Pogmentary’
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news