Brandon Williams is celebrating the date being one year to the day since he made his Manchester United first team debut.
After a storming start to the season for United’s under-23 side in 2019 in which he provided four assists in three games and captained the team, he was called up to the first team.
This came amid a hamstring injury to Luke Shaw, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decided to call Williams up.
Williams’ debut came for United in the Carabao Cup victory over Rochdale at Old Trafford.
United laboured to a 1-1 draw, before winning the match on penalties.
It was the beginning of a busy season for Williams, in which he played in 36 first team matches.
These included semi-final games in the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and Europa League.
Williams made his first appearance of the season in midweek for United against Luton as he helped the side to a 3-0 win.
Williams won the penalty for the opener, which Juan Mata went on to score.
United are looking to sign a new left-back, Alex Telles from Porto, The Guardian report, which could limit Williams’ game time this season.
But after signing a long term contract until 2024, Williams is here for the long haul, and learning from an experienced player like Telles can be good for him long term.
He can also play at right-back as he did in the Europa League and FA Cup on occasions last season, and in a long campaign, he will get his fair share of action, with Solskjaer a big believer in his talent.
- Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot send messages to Manchester United fans after defeat
- Solskjaer addresses Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United’s three best players against West Ham
- Five things we learned as Manchester United lose 1-0 to West Ham
- Confirmed Manchester United line-up v West Ham
- Henderson reportedly set for first United start of the season vs West Ham
- Which Eric Bailly will we see on his first United appearance of the season?
- Charlie Savage tries claiming deflected own goal and his teammates are not having it
- Ex United duo Falcao and Bebe combine to net late winner for La Liga side