Bastian Schweinsteiger says Manchester United’s heavy defeat to Liverpool had been coming.
Reacting to United’s 5-0 defeat, Schweinsteiger branded it ‘devastating’.
The German said he felt Liverpool showed the ‘huge’ difference they have, referring to their superior coaching.
United not good enough
The defeat backed up comments Schweinsteiger had made about Manchester United earlier in the day.
Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the former United midfielder had critiqued the team’s slow rebuild.
Schweinsteiger said: “United are still a work in progress. When I watch United games I don’t know how they play. I can’t guarantee you a win and as a Manchester United fan you want to know that.
“They keep talking about time, but you don’t have time in football. You have to win right now.”
The defeat to Liverpool showed United are miles away from the level we need to get to, and instead of getting closer, the side look further and further away.
Results like this are unacceptable and the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer project may be ripped up entirely.
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw
- Michael Carrick praises ‘terrific’ Jadon Sancho in press conference
- Manchester United predicted line-up v Chelsea