Spanish journalist Guillem Balague has given his verdict on rumours linking Ernesto Valverde to Manchester United.
The Guardian report United have contacted Valverde about the interim manager position.
The former Barcelona boss is currently out of work since leaving the Spanish giants in 2020.
Balague verifies reports claiming United have been in contact with Valverde, and says he would be more than suitable for the interim role, having previously undertaken a similar job at Valencia.
He also adds that he believes Valverde is more than qualified to do the job full-time.
United exploring options
Amid ongoing links to Mauricio Pochettino, via The Mail, United are also exploring interim manager options.
This was United’s stated original plan when the decision to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was made. Michael Carrick is currently the caretaker boss.
The club have also spoken with former Roma boss Rudi Garca, Andy Mitten reports for The National.
The managerial situation at United in summary looks as clear as mud, with the club unsure which direction to turn. At least they are not rushing into a decision, and this short period of exploring options is welcome, even if it is long overdue.
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea