Anthony Martial sends message to fans after scoring first goal of the season
Anthony Martial is celebrating scoring his first goal of the season
Unfortunately the celebrating is somewhat tempered by United being held to a 1-1 home draw with Everton.
Martial acknowledged this when he sent a message out after the final whistle.
Martial was not on the pitch when Everton scored their equalising goal.
He had been taken off after suffering a minor injury, with United making a double change.
United had around 20 minutes to try and score a winner, but came closer to conceding one than scoring.
This was a hugely frustrating day for United, who have picked up just one point from the last two Premier League matches.
It’s just not good enough from a team looking to compete for the title and tougher matches lie ahead.
Martial was the one bright spot from the win, and as he noted, this was his first goal back in front of a packed Old Trafford since the win over Manchester City in March 2020.
United need a lively, confident Martial back as part of the attack and this game offered hope that he could still become an important contributor.
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss