Anthony Martial sends Manchester United fans message about injury
Anthony Martial’s recovery from a thigh injury has taken a lot longer than expected. United could really have used him on Thursday night away at AZ Alkmaar.
There is no official word on when the Frenchman’s return may be.
Martial has been quiet on social media since getting injured in late August. Until now.
He sent a message on Instagram on Thursday just ahead of the Alkmaar game, his first post in six weeks.
He addressed his fitness issues and said he is doing everything he can to get fit.
Martial’s message had a response from former United striker Dimitar Berbatov, who backed him to quickly return to his best.
Compared to what we have seen in recent weeks, Martial could give United’s attack an x-factor.
The timing of Martial’s post is interesting. Why has he chosen to finally address his injury now, having missed United’s last seven games.
Is it because he is finally ready to rejoin the squad?
Let’s hope he is passed fit to face Newcastle this Sunday. The attack needs him.
After that is the international break, giving him more time to recover, followed up by the home game against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
- Erik ten Hag explains his Manchester United team selection against Manchester City
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Manchester City: Ten Hag makes one change to side that beat Sheriff
- “Pure talent”: Manchester United ace reacts to Juan Mata making his Galatasaray debut
- 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid produces moment of brilliance and spearheads big win
- Video: Championship star practices Manchester United star Antony's trademark 360 spin skill