Anthony Martial’s recovery from a thigh injury has taken a lot longer than expected. United could really have used him on Thursday night away at AZ Alkmaar.
There is no official word on when the Frenchman’s return may be.
Martial has been quiet on social media since getting injured in late August. Until now.
He sent a message on Instagram on Thursday just ahead of the Alkmaar game, his first post in six weeks.
He addressed his fitness issues and said he is doing everything he can to get fit.
Martial’s message had a response from former United striker Dimitar Berbatov, who backed him to quickly return to his best.
Compared to what we have seen in recent weeks, Martial could give United’s attack an x-factor.
The timing of Martial’s post is interesting. Why has he chosen to finally address his injury now, having missed United’s last seven games.
Is it because he is finally ready to rejoin the squad?
Let’s hope he is passed fit to face Newcastle this Sunday. The attack needs him.
After that is the international break, giving him more time to recover, followed up by the home game against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
- Arnau Puigmal announces Manchester United departure
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United