Manchester United youngster Anthony Elanga has said he intends to learn everything he can from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Elanga is on duty with Sweden’s under-21 side at present and scored a brace at the weekend in a 2-1 win over Montenegro.
The goal took his tally to nine in his last nine games at all levels, including United’s first team, under-23s, and Sweden’s under-21s.
Elanga spoke to Swedish outlet Fotboll Skanalen and was of course quizzed about Cristiano Ronaldo.
The 19-year-old said: “I was star-struck when I heard that he would come to United, but I have calmed down a bit now.
“I will check everything with Ronaldo. How he does what he does, what he does before and after training.
“I will ask questions that anyone would ask. He has won everything with United and knows what it takes to play for the club.
“He’s a legend. I have heard that he talks a lot with young players and I look forward to meeting him.”
Elanga was kept by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after impressive pre-season performance and could have an increased role to play with Dan James now sold.
The teenager worked hard in the summer and his ripped physique was even compared to Ronaldo at the time by some supporters on social media.
Elanga has a strong work ethic and he will be able to pick up tips from Ronaldo on and off the pitch.
Vows to take chance
Now returning from a brief injury which kept him out over the past fortnight, Elanga showed his quality for Sweden’s under-21s in his last showing.
He added that he is ready when Solskjaer calls on him and wants to make an impression.
Elanga said: “I am at United now and I want to show them what I can do. I’m always ready if the coach calls me.
“I show what I can do in training and if I get the opportunity, I take it.”
- Solskjaer urged to make ‘cut throat’ team selections for Manchester United
- Manchester United now have fixture boost for next month’s Tottenham clash
- Teenager Harrison Parker appears to confirm United academy switch on Instagram
- Three Cristiano Ronaldo cup lessons for Manchester United
- Mason Greenwood’s electric impact shows what Anthony Martial is missing
- Alex Telles sends disappointed message to Manchester United fans
- United may have good squad depth but last night’s XI lacked leaders
- Patrice Evra thanks Manchester United as he completes his coaching badges
- Aston Villa fans laud Tuanzebe’s EFL Cup performance
- Solskjaer had ideal chance to unleash Hannibal Mejbri but opted for Mata instead
- Alex Telles shows attacking qualities but also his defensive deficiencies
- Solskjaer hails United fans after EFL Cup exit
- When will Donny van de Beek’s next opportunity come after cup KO?
- Anthony Martial wastes his Manchester United chance
- Jadon Sancho grows in confidence without a cutting edge in United defeat