Anthony Elanga returns to training after injury
Anthony Elanga was the star of Manchester United’s first three pre-season games, netting twice including a volley against Brentford at Old Trafford.
And then, nothing. Elanga was sidelined by a mystery injury the club did not disclose details of. He did land awkwardly on a previously injured collarbone in the game against Brentford, so it could have been connected to that.
Now after two weeks sidelined, Elanga is finally back in first team training.
He was pictured posing for the camera at Carrington in Wedneday’s session (18/8).
Great to see him back
We were just beginning to get concerned about Elanga. He missed the training camp in Scotland, the friendly against Everton, and then the opening game of the season versus Leeds.
He was not involved in the friendly match against Burnley on Tuesday either.
Now he is back training and ready to hopefully pick up where he left off.
Elanga was United’s most impressive player against Brentford and earned praise from manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Solskjaer told told the club website: “The boy is electric, has energy and enthusiasm, he’s really enjoying himself. He’s done himself the world of good.”
Elanga was ahead of Dan James at the time, but having missed out on two weeks, he has slipped back down the pecking order again, with the Welshman starting against Leeds.
Solskjaer will give him another chance, but whether he gets any game time before the international break is unclear.
Elanga will simply hope to make the squad this weekend to face Southampton, which won’t be easy, and then at Wolves where he scored last season.
The good news is he is back, and now Elanga can try and give Solskjaer a dilemma, especially while Marcus Rashford remains out injured.
- 'Top player': Former Manchester United player raves about 'fantastic' Ten Hag signing
- Only 3 players who started Manchester United's last win at Etihad likely to start under Ten Hag
- Manchester United now have an easy decision to make over £19m star
- Manchester United star doubles down on reason for his superb turnaround in form
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace