Ander Herrera praises David de Gea's performance
David de Gea was Manchester United’s man of the match in the win over Norwich.
The Spaniard made two outstanding saves in the last 15 minutes at Carrow Road to ensure United held on to claim a 1-0 win.
De Gea drew praise from supporters for his role in the win, and they were not the only ones.
Teammate Alex Telles hailed his performance on social media in response to De Gea’s own post, and there was a congratulatory message from ex-United midfielder Ander Herrera too.
Herrera’s message roughly translated as ‘what a performance’, hailing his ex-teammate’s contribution to United’s victory.
De Gea was also seen being thanked by captain Harry Maguire after the full time whistle.
United were holding onto a 1-0 lead after Cristiano Ronaldo won and scored a second half penalty, his 13th goal of the season.
United grinding out wins
The performance at Carrow Road was not pretty. It was not a controlled display like the win over Palace a week ago, with United struggling to assert themselves at times.
United were wasteful in front of goal with Ronaldo missing a late chance to double the lead after good work from Marcus Rashford down the left. De Gea’s saves ended up sealing the three points.
At this stage of the season, we’ll take a few ugly wins. United dropped far too many points in recent months, we can’t afford to be too fussy about the performances.
It was always going to take time to adjust under new boss Ralf Rangnick, and there will be better days ahead. So let’s focus on the positives.
Rangnick has won his first two league games, and United have three victories in a row in the division, with clean sheets in the last two. That’s a solid foundation to build from.
- 'Really good': Erik ten Hag says he has been impressed by 'high potential' Manchester United player in training
- 7 Manchester United players could make first appearance against Manchester City for Red Devils
- Pep Guardiola hails 'incredible' Manchester United player as well as 4 Red Devils midfielders
- Ten Hag press conference: Manchester United star doing 'really well' in training, could come into team vs City
- 4-3-3: Manchester United's strongest XI on FIFA 23, top scorer and two Ten Hag favourites miss out