Amad Diallo joined up with the Ivory Coast team for his first senior international call up this week.
It came after his Manchester United breakthrough a fortnight ago, which saw him net a crucial Europa League goal against AC Milan.
Diallo, 18, shared an image via Instagram showing himself training with the team.
Also pictured front and centre was his United teammate Eric Bailly.
It is very interesting to see Bailly train, after he missed the last two Manchester United squads, supposedly for fitness issues.
Since then Bailly has been in the news, with Sky Sports claiming he is frustrated at being third choice at United and is reluctant to sign a new deal if one is offered.
Whatever the truth there, it is at least encouraging to see him fit.
However, Bailly picked up an injury for Ivory Coast in October which saw him miss several weeks of action before returning in December. He can’t afford that to happen again.
It will be intriguing to see how Amad fares, he needs game time, and these upcoming matches could be a good chance for him to show what he is capable of, if given a starting berth.
- Could Jadon Sancho end up as Paul Pogba’s replacement?
- Tom Heaton to United would bring his free agent exit full circle after angering Fergie
- Three reasons Manchester United should play Hannibal against Fulham
- Every trophy won by Manchester United
- Manchester United fans are the best, says Solskjaer, as he hopes for lift from crowd return