We shouldn’t get too carried away with two wins over mediocre teams. But we will a bit.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United have looked really good in pre-season so far.
The two new signings James and Wan-Bissaka look impressive, and players like Scott McTominay and Marcus Rashford are kicking on.
Young talents Mason Greenwood, Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes are all seizing their chances.
Now just imagine for a moment, that United add Bruno Fernandes into this team.
Fernandes has been linked with a move all summer. The Independent reported just this week that United still plan to bid for the Sporting star.
By now every United fan is familiar with Fernandes’ tremendous record of 32 goals last season and 15 assists. The Mail report his valuation at £70 million.
Now put him in this United side, and he makes players like Mason Greenwood, Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba even better.
Young players can learn from him, he can help them improve, and take the pressure off.
The positivity of early pre-season games presents Fernandes not as a ‘saviour’, but as a catalyst to reach the next level.
The season ahead will be a tough one, but if we can add a game-changer to the attack, everything looks even more optimistic.
- Manchester United could see reported target Nuno Mendes as a winger in the long term
- Ethan Galbraith must impress on loan to jump ahead of Levitt and Garner at Manchester United
- Teden Mengi deserves to replace Phil Jones in Manchester United squad
- Manchester United would be absolutely fine without Pogba
- Manchester United’s Dylan Levitt must channel his idol Scholes during likely loan spell