Manchester United are continuing to push for Jadon Sancho, with The Mail reporting the club is planning to go to Dortmund with another bid.
Adding Sancho into this group of players would be a tremendous boost, and it is clear to see why he is an attractive potential signing.
You just need to look at what Manchester United’s players achieved last season to see he could make this team even more devastating.
Manchester United’s front three in 2019/20
- Marcus Rashford
22 goals and 7 assists
- Anthony Martial
23 goals and 6 assists
- Mason Greenwood
17 goals and 2 assists
Now add in a full season of new signing Bruno Fernandes, and this front three will get even better.
Fernandes scored 12 goals and provided eight assists for United in all competitions – in just half a season.
He still finished as the highest goalscorer and top assist maker for Sporting too, in just half a season in Portugal.
It is so exciting to consider what he can do in a full season for United.
New signing Donny van de Beek is a player who offers contributions in the final third too.
For Ajax he scored 14 goals in all competitions this past season, and provided seven assists.
It is Sancho who would take United to a new level
This quintet of Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Fernandes and Van de Beek will cause all kinds of headaches.
Add in Jadon Sancho, and United will be even more impossible for teams to defend against.
Sancho scored 20 goals in all competitions for Borussia Dortmund in 2019/20, and also provided 18 assists.
His 38 goal contributions betters all of United’s front three, and is only topped by Fernandes’ combined statistics at Old Trafford and Sporting – 27 goals and 22 assists, 49 goal contributions in total.
If United are successful in adding Sancho, then a 49 goal player and a 38 goal player will have been signed for the club in 2020, not to mention Van de Beek’s 21 goal contribution for Ajax too.
Add this to the 78 goal contributions of Manchester United’s front three combined in 2019/20, and the Red Devils will have a mouth watering attack to take on all comers.
- Anthony Martial must take the positives from a negative start to the season
- United signing Cavani could make Chelsea regret not snapping him up
- Like Rooney, United must allow Greenwood to respond on the pitch
- Pellestri may have to prove his worth with Manchester United’s U23s first
- United loanee Diogo Dalot makes AC Milan debut in Europa League win
- Donny van de Beek will get his chance at United, he just needs to stay patient
- Alex Telles could be Manchester United’s best crosser since David Beckham
- David de Gea is rising to the challenge at United, once again
- Watford fans are raving about United loanee James Garner