3 reasons Giovani Lo Celso would be perfect for Manchester United
Time is running out for Manchester United to sign a midfielder before the transfer deadline.
One very smart option would be a move for Real Betis ace Giovani Lo Celso. He was linked with a move to United back in May by Marca.
Here is a look a three reasons Lo Celso would be a terrific addition…
Real Betis have already signed a replacement for Lo Celso, pulling off a surprise move for Nabil Fekir from Lyon.
Lo Celso has been linked with a move to Spurs all summer long but they have been unwilling to meet Betis’ asking price.
The Mail report Betis are willing to sell for £65 million.
They signed him permanently from PSG for a third of that price earlier this year, which is why they are willing to cash in.
Lo Celso is an exciting prospect who turned 23 earlier this year.
He is a better long term addition than Christian Eriksen, who is four years older.
Lo Celso has more than 150 first team games under his belt already and 18 international caps.
Lo Celso could thrive at United in a number of roles.
He made his name at PSG as a deep lying playmaker, but at Betis last season his attacking ability came to the fore.
During his loan spell he scored 16 goals and provided five assists and would take the creative burden off Paul Pogba.
He could drop back too and allow Pogba greater license to get forward.
United have not yet made a fresh move for Lo Celso, but this would be one addition which would make a lot of sense.
- Manchester United miss out on midfielder, Romano says Premier League club agree deal
- Early transfer would be decisive way for Manchester United to kick off Ten Hag era
- Edinson Cavani sends goodbye message to Manchester United fans
- 'We are so hurt'… Harry Maguire sends message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United star says unhappy teammates must leave, can't wait to play under Ten Hag