Manchester United host RB Leipzig tonight, looking to make it two wins from two Champions League Group H matches.
That would represent an outstanding return from a pair of tricky opening encounters, against two of last season’s semi-finalists.
The pre-match talk may be dominated by talk of Dayot Upamecano, or what the Germans are like without Timo Werner.
But there is a player in the visiting ranks United faced as recently as December, in the shape of defender Angelino.
The 23-year-old, who can play anywhere down the left flank, is on loan at Leipzig from Manchester City.
Julian Nagelsmann’s side have the option to buy him for £16.3 million at the end of the season, as per Sky Sports.
This is his second loan spell with the club, having joined them midway through last season too.
Not long before that, he was part of City’s defence when United beat them 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium in December.
United produced a rampant display of counter-attacking play on that evening, leaving Angelino and his fellow defenders bereft of ideas.
Pep Guardiola has yet to solve his left back problem, and Angelino was the man he was trying to use at that time, before lending him to Leipzig the following month.
Different player now
It must be said that Angelino is now a different player to the one who was ripped apart by United late last year.
He looked low on confidence, having been targeted and exploited by Liverpool in a 3-1 defeat a matter of weeks before.
Angelino is now playing on the left wing for Leizpig, which of course accentuates his attacking qualities.
He has done that to devastating effect so far this season, with four goals in all competitions already.
That includes a double on the first Champions League matchday, which clinched a 2-0 home win over Istanbul Basaksehir.
He will likely give Aaron Wan-Bissaka (or Brandon Williams) something to think about tonight, but perhaps United can take confidence from overcoming Angelino the last time he faced us.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool
- ‘Paul Scholes was right’… United fans react to Liverpool defeat
- Solskjaer reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Harry Maguire reacts to United’s 5-0 defeat to Liverpool
- Manchester United’s three worst players against Liverpool
- Sir Alex Ferguson fumes as Manchester United hammered by Liverpool