Time to go: Manchester United fans on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after derby defeat
Manchester United have been beaten 2-0 by Manchester City on a dismal afternoon at Old Trafford.
United produced an abject display which was lucky not to end up like the 5-0 loss to Liverpool.
An Eric Bailly own goal and a strike from Bernardo Silva was enough to give City the win.
United only had one meaningful attempt on goal and were outclassed throughout.
Terrible position in the table
United are now six points behind City and could fall to 11 behind Chelsea this weekend.
The team could slip as far down as 10th in the table by time the weekend is over.
United have just one league victory since September and the home form is truly awful.
Time up for Ole?
If the mood after the Liverpool defeat was one of anger, this one seems to be one of resignation from fans that it really is time up for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Where does the manager take the team from here? It’s a total mess.
United have a talented group of players, and yet managed just 32 per cent possession at home against our local rivals.
Add this desperate performance to previous poor results and United look to be going nowhere.
Even if the name of the next manager seems uncertain, it is becoming clear that Solskjaer needs to go.
Here is a look at the reaction on social media to the defeat…
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate
- Omonia boss Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Cristiano Ronaldo's lack of minutes at Manchester United
- 'Nothing more dangerous': Neil Lennon gives his verdict on Manchester United's hammering against Manchester City
- Manchester United announce 22-man travelling squad for Omonia game, new signing fit again
- Ten Hag press conference: Four Manchester United players ruled out of trip to Cyprus
- Manchester United whizkid needs to stop trying to score 'perfect goal', says manager
- 82 Touches, 4 Interceptions: Manchester United teenager Ten Hag admires seizes chance