Mason Greenwood has been one of the stars of United’s pre-season campaign.
He has stepped up and delivered in a way we hoped, but almost didn’t dare believe.
Greenwood put in another impressive performance in United’s latest pre-season game.
He came off the bench away to Kristiansund in Norway with the game goalless after an hour.
His lively display caused the home side problems and United’s attack immediately livened up.
It was Juan Mata who eventually found the breakthrough, winning a penalty and scoring it in injury time.
This was a good test for Greenwood, against a side determined to dig in.
He didn’t add to his goals against Leeds and Inter Milan, but he looked eager to do so.
There is something remarkable about his ability to find space, and generate extra room with what he has, to get his shot away.
He was unlucky against Kristiansund, with a couple of efforts narrowly missing the target.
This was an encouraging performance and he is doing his best to get into the starting line up for opening day.
Here is a look at how fans reacted to Greenwood’s performance…
- Manchester United fans call for Angel Gomes to feature against Palace
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to James Garner’s latest under-23 display
- Manchester United fans give verdict on new third kit