Manchester United fans praise Aaron Wan-Bissaka's performance against Aston Villa
The beauty of Aaron Wan-Bissaka as a footballer is that he makes outstanding performances look normal.
The downside to this is that the Manchester United right-back rarely gets the credit he deserves.
Even one of the men in the crowd at Villa Park, England boss Gareth Southgate, refuses to acknowledge his quality by selecting him for his country. That may soon change.
Wan-Bissaka provided an assist for Mason Greenwood’s goal, his fourth of the season.
That’s just two fewer assists than Luke Shaw has managed, who has been widely praised for the attacking improvement he has shown in his game.
The best aspects of Wan-Bissaka’s game of course are defensive.
He produced an outstanding second half block to deny Ollie Watkins a shot at goal.
Wan-Bissaka currently leads the Premier League in shots blocked, with more than 30 more than the next player, data from FBRef.com shows.
He is a player who United can rely on, and he has shown this ever since his £50 million move in 2019.
Wan-Bissaka has made 97 first team appearances now, and even with rotation, should be in line to make 100 before the season is out, and that century appearance could even be the Europa League final.
Even if he does not get the national recognition he deserves, United supporters who watch him on a weekly basis are consistently impressed.
His attacking play has looked a little more polished as the season which has gone on, and the troubles he seemed to have with his positioning defending crosses in the first half of the season, has been erased.
Here is a look at how United supporters reacted to Wan-Bissaka’s performance…
- 'Tremendous': Manchester United's first signing of the Ten Hag era speaks in glowing terms about his new manager
- Cristiano Ronaldo staying one more year would suddenly be a hard sell to Manchester United fans
- Star says Manchester United transfer is dream move, wants to work with Ten Hag for years
- James Garner sends message after first training session under Erik ten Hag
- 3 Manchester United players who will improve without Cristiano Ronaldo
- Ralf Rangnick may have already told Manchester United fans the reality of the Ronaldo situation
- Manchester United have just pulled off the signing of the summer
- Star is Manchester United's next in line to replace Ronaldo, and there's a big question
- 19-year-old has reportedly impressed Erik ten Hag in Manchester United training
- Manchester United target says he is 'just like' Ballon d'Or winner, learned everything from Ten Hag