Cristiano Ronaldo wins his second award of the month
Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has won his second award of the month.
Ronaldo has been voted the Premier League player of the month for September.
The Portugal international scored three league goals in three appearances in the first month of his return to Old Trafford.
That haul included a double on his second debut against Newcastle which had Old Trafford rocking.
Also in contention were Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah, Chelsea’s Antonio Rudiger, Watford’s Ismaila Sarr, Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin, and Manchester City’s Joao Cancelo.
The news comes days after Ronaldo was named United’s player of the month, beating David de Gea, Jesse Lingard and Mason Greenwood.
Accolades rolling in already
It hasn’t taken long for Ronaldo to start scooping awards in a red shirt again.
He has the ability to go at around a goal a game for the rest of the season. That would put him right in the frame for the Golden Boot and PFA Player of the Year.
Ronaldo has won the award for the first time since March 2008, en route to United lifting the Premier League.
That campaign was his best ever season for United, netting 42 goals across all competitions.
Ronaldo could actually have had even more league goals last month, when Bruno Fernandes took that late penalty against Aston Villa instead of him.
That Villa defeat was the only game of the month he didn’t score in and it would be a surprise if his recent pair of awards were the only ones he picks up this season.
- £69m fee outrageously overpriced and Manchester United must consider alternatives
- Photo: Leaked picture of Manchester United's 2022/23 away kit emerges
- Manchester United wonderkid could be Ten Hag's incredible future Eriksen successor
- Cristiano Ronaldo may have just played a masterstroke over imminent £69m Manchester United move
- 'Principle agreement': Manchester United could solve problem as surprise £10m talks held