New Manchester United academy signing Majid Balogun scores on debut
Manchester United’s only incoming deal this January has been an academy move to sign up young striker Majid Balogun.
Balogun signed from Lambeth Tigers, his club confirmed, and the youngster has already started in United’s under-14s team.
While it will be a few years before he even makes the jump to under-18s football, the good news is that Balogun seems to be settling in well.
The teenager posted a message to his Instagram page celebrating getting on the scoresheet as the team recorded a 3-1 victory over Crewe Alexandra.
Star of the future
United are always busy adding top talents to the academy, in the hope one becomes the next Marcus Rashford.
Anthony Elanga signed for United at a similar age to Balogun, and that move is finally paying off, with the youngster now establishing himself in the first team.
Elanga started for United in a must-win game against West Ham at the weekend, and heard supporters chanting his name, commenting that it was an ‘amazing feeling’.
These are the rewards which lie ahead for Balogun if he works hard, stays focused, and believes in himself.
He will get all the support he needs from the staff at Carrington, who have a track record of developing young talent.
Clearly Balogun is a player to watch over the years ahead, and the next few years will be crucial. The hard work is only just getting started.
- 'Monster' ex Manchester United centre-back used to demand to train 1 v 2
- Manchester United transfer target nicknamed 'the butcher of Amsterdam', he shut Haaland down
- Manchester United loanee backed to 'score lots of goals' under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United should listen to Ten Hag's words and offer swap deal to get Antony: Opinion
- Manchester United star says he can't relax this summer due to Ten Hag arrival
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward
- 7 Argentina players who have played for Manchester United including a now 38-year-old free agent
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain