It is always great to see young academy players thriving at Manchester United.
None have made a bigger impact than Mason Greenwood, who has scored 17 goals in his first full season.
Another trying to follow in his footsteps is midfielder James Garner, with six first team appearances of his own this season.
Both players are in Cologne as United prepare for the Europa League semi-final against Sevilla.
Greenwood sent a message to Garner via Instagram, celebrating how far they have come since playing together for United back in the under-eights.
Greenwood first linked up with United at the young age of just six-years-old when he joined one of the club’s development schools.
The MEN reported how he was soon fast-tracked to United’s old training ground The Cliff, where he first met a young James Garner.
While Garner has a little catching up to do to establish himself as a regular and a first choice at the club, he is on the right track and has a good chance to follow Greenwood’s success.
This time in Germany for the Europa League tournament is a valuable spell for both players and one they may never forget.
Both players could end the season with a medal, with Garner’s role in the group stages where he made four appearances including a start in a tough game away at Partizan, justifying that he would fully deserve his.
- Teden Mengi could have early season chance to impress for Manchester United
- How Donny van de Beek can use Manchester United fan frustration as motivation
- Four reasons for Manchester United to be optimistic
- Solskjaer tips Eric Bailly for big role in 2020/21
- Roma manager Paulo Fonseca offers update on Chris Smalling’s situation
- Manchester United wrong to blame supporters for negativity
- Max Taylor will be hoping for third time lucky as he looks for a loan club
- Solskjaer says he tried to pull Greenwood out of the England squad
- Solskjaer responds to transfers and Sancho speculation