Earlier this season we reported how Manchester United had clinched the signing of talented academy winger James Bailey.
Bailey joined from Burnley to pursue a dream career at United.
The teenager is settling in well, as his latest performance for the academy showed.
At the weekend Bailey went up against his former club Burnley for the first time, and he showed them what they missed.
Bailey scored a hat-trick as United’s under-14s beat Burnley 5-2.
A bright prospect
It will be a few years before Bailey even starts pushing for the first team. It could be a couple of seasons before he even gets into the under-18s.
But you never know. Last season United gave Finley McAllister a under-18 debut at just 14, the same age Shola Shoretire made his UEFA Youth League debut in 2018.
If a player is good enough, United will push them forward.
The early signs are that United have signed a gem with Bailey, and he will be a name to watch over the years ahead as he takes his career forward.
- What is Cristiano Ronaldo’s record like against Chelsea?
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?