Dermot Mee on short-term loan away from Manchester United
Academy goalkeeper Dermot Mee is on a short term loan away from Manchester United.
Mee, 18, is currently on loan at non-league side Trafford FC.
The youngster has played the last two matches for Trafford, featuring twice at the weekend.
He made his debut in a 3-2 victory over Bootle. A day later Mee then kept a clean sheet in a 1-0 victory over Glossop North End.
How long is the loan for?
Trafford FC have confirmed to United In Focus that Mee’s loan runs for another fortnight.
They brought Mee in due to an injury and may be looking to extend it if required.
Mee has made a positive impression on them and they are happy to help with his development.
The loan is viewed more as work experience for the youngster, who is still training at Carrington.
Mee could line up for Trafford against Widnes on Saturday, before a midweek fixture against Workington.
Birmingham-born Mee is a Northern Ireland under-21 international, winning his first cap at that level in June, although he missed out on the latest squad.
Prior to his loan move Mee was on the bench for Manchester United’s under-23 side.
He was a late substitute for Matej Kovar at Stamford Bridge in the 1-1 draw after the starting goalkeeper sustained a knock.
Mee started in the 3-2 under-23 EFL Trophy defeat to Lincoln City just before his temporary move to Trafford.
Last season he made 11 appearances for United’s under-18s side.
- 'Whatever we need': £113m star praises Manchester United ace
- 8 Chances Created: Manchester United star produces masterclass in upset international win
- 'Disaster': Player released from Manchester United last summer leaps to the defence of former teammate
- 18-year-old Manchester United whizkid who's trained with first team scores first youth international goal
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been helping Manchester United teammate improve a specific aspect of his game
- Manchester United could pursue 45-cap international if club makes big decision on Ten Hag regular
- Manchester United man ruled out of crucial international clash through suspension
- Former Manchester United captain hopes Red Devils sign 20-year-old who could have been signed for £4.5m
- Manchester United star scores stunning outside of the boot goal in training which delights national boss
- Manchester United's Antony produces a dazzling piece of skill which embarrasses two Ghana defenders
- 'I'm behind': 25-year-old Manchester United ace rates his chances of going to the World Cup
- Manchester United teammates react to Diogo Dalot's ground-breaking performance for Portugal
- 11 goal involvements in 16 games: Manchester United ace aiming to dazzle against City once again
- £46m and £7m Manchester United stars show how important they are
- Two Manchester United players are big winners from England's latest disaster under Gareth Southgate