Young talent Deji Sotona has signed with French side Nice after leaving Manchester United.
Sotona left the Red Devils in early September, with the MEN reported he rejected the offer of a three-year contract extension.
One of the stars of United’s run to the FA Youth Cup semi-finals last season, Sotona reportedly wanted a quicker route to first team football.
The 17-year-old’s move to Nice was confirmed by the French club this week.
Nice described Sotona as ‘explosive and technical’, adding that he has ‘great potential’.
He will be hoping to impress Patrick Vieira, who is the Nice head coach.
Sotona follows Angel Gomes in heading to France, although the attacking midfielder has since been loaned out to Portuguese club Boavista.
Sotona gained headlines last year when The Mail reported he clocked a faster time in speed tests than any first team player.
He is a promising talent, but United have moved to address this position at under-18 level.
Joe Hugill and Alejandro Garnacho have been signed to compete up front, with Charlie McNeill also reported by the MEN to be incoming.
The 10 players released by Manchester United on June 30, 2020
- Aidan Barlow
Without a club
- Angel Gomes
Lille on loan at Boavista
- Cameron Borthwick-Jackson
- Alex Fojticek
- Ethan Hamilton
- Dion McGhee
- Demetri Mitchell
- Kieran O’Hara
- Largie Ramazani
- George Tanner
- Gary Neville reacts to reports Ed Woodward has quit Manchester United
- Ed Woodward to quit Manchester United – report
- Luke Shaw delivers passionate message against Super League
- Hung out to dry: Manchester United players deserve our full support
- Jack Kingdon sends message after making Manchester United under-18s debut
- United fans praise Guardiola comments about Super League
- Marcus Rashford expresses discontent towards United’s Super League plans
- Manchester United Supporter’s Trust issue statement after meeting with Prime Minister
- Four benefits of United finally having a full week without a game