Brentford coach 'delighted' to sign Manchester United youngster Max Haygarth
Manchester United have allowed youngster Max Haygarth to depart the club on a permanent deal.
Haygarth had been on loan at Brentford B and this has now turned into a permanent transfer.
The 18-year-old is an attacking midfielder who made good progress during his loan at Brentford.
His impressive performances for the B team were rewarded with a first team debut in the Championship in December when he came on as a substitute against Nottingham Forest.
Brentford are pleased with the move
Neil MacFarlane, Brentford B’s head coach, told the club’s official website: “We’re delighted that Max will be signing with us permanently. He has come in and made a real impression on the group, with his attitude and his quality on a daily basis. Max was highly thought of at Manchester United and he has had a fantastic football education having come through the ranks there.
“He has really good quality at the top end of the pitch, and of course, there is still a long way to go in terms of his development, but he’s already made steps which he can be really proud of. There’s much more to come from him and he has the potential to really kick on in his career.”
Haygarth joins defender Ben Hockenhull who left United in the summer to join the Bees on a permanent deal.
The 18-year-old’s last appearance for United was as a substitute in the 6-0 under-21 win over Salford City at the start of September, before going out on loan in October.
There did not appear to be too many first teams paths for Haygarth at United so this is a good opportunity for him.
Brentford have a good track record of developing young talent and have taken a unique approach by creating a B team and moving out of the normal under-18 and under-23 youth pathways.
Haygarth’s early rise to make a first team debut is encouraging for him and even if it was just a nice gesture to reward him for his progress, it shows he is not too far off.
His early exit from United means he can move on now rather than stringing it out, and he appears to have a found a club which believes in him.
- 'Ten Hag will get his man': Ornstein backs Manchester United to get important double deal done
- Romano says Manchester United target's agents are asking club to consider offers with 'Ten Hag pushing'
- Stars who have played for Manchester United and Watford amid Bachmann links; including 3 strikers
- The Manchester United player we really can't believe will return for pre-season
- 34-goal Manchester United target signs new deal with £51m release clause from 2023
- Spanish press explain how Barcelona reacted to Manchester United's Frenkie de Jong bid
- Manchester United eyeing major swoop which could change Premier League history
- £25m DM is Manchester United's top chance to sign Ten Hag favourite, ahead of £103m duo, says Dutch journalist
- Photo: Donny van de Beek 'likes' Frenkie de Jong's latest Instagram post