Alejandro Garnacho is celebrating scoring his first ever under-23 goals for Manchester United.
The tricky Spaniard netted United’s first and third goals in a 4-0 away win at Blackburn Rovers on Sunday.
Garnacho scored his first with a header from close range after just six minutes.
The winger netted another in the second half from the edge of the penalty box, shooting low into the bottom corner after running half the pitch with the ball.
Garnacho celebrated his goals with a post on social media marking his milestone, making the successful step up to the under-23s.
A good season so far for Garnacho
United signed Garnacho in 2020 from Atletico Madrid when he was just 16. Last season he struck seven goals for the under-18s, finishing as the team’s third highest scorer.
As one of the team’s younger players, he was kept on in the under-18s for the start of this season while the likes of Charlie McNeill and Charlie Savage stepped up to the under-23s.
Garnacho has begun to mix in, with the 23s, and was asked to step up with Anthony Elanga promoted to the first team by Ralf Rangnick.
The young forward has scored seven goals already this season now for the academy, with his previous five being netted for the under-18s and in the UEFA Youth League, an under-19s competition.
This was Garnacho’s fifth under-23 appearance in total, and the first time he has found the net. The goals will bring him plenty of confidence.
United’s other goals in the 4-0 win were scored by Shola Shoretire, netting his sixth of the season, and Charlie Wellens also on target.
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit
- 'Speed'… Boss says Manchester United 20-year-old's pace crucial to first ever international cap
- Anthony Martial's best 5 moments as a Manchester United player as Sevilla loan exit nears
- Manchester United forward Anthony Martial pictured in Spain ahead of joining Sevilla on loan
- 'There's no downside': Middlesbrough boss plotting Old Trafford win, he's already beaten United
- Crystal Palace and Spanish club want Manchester United star on loan
- Report: Manchester United star linked with loan move to Champions League chasers
- Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo pictured relaxing during winter break