Whether you just started watching the Bundesliga when it restarted in May, or you are a long time follower, the name Milot Rashica should be familiar.
The Kosovo international is one of Europe’s most exciting young stars and having just turned 24-years-old, his best years ahead of him.
Rashica is certainly a player who Manchester United should consider signing this summer, and here is a look at why he would be a great fit.
Rashica’s ability to play in multiple positions could be a big benefit to United.
This season he has starred for Werder Bremen in a variety of roles. He has featured on the left wing mostly, and also as a secondary striker, and even as a main striker.
This would allow him to provide cover for both Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford, offering United an option to play him out wide or in a central attacking role.
He would give United more flexibility and creativity in attack, which would help. This season United have adapted and played different systems. Rashica would be another weapon to make the team’s attack stronger.
He’s a bargain
Rashica has been a real threat for Bremen this past season, scoring 11 goals in all competitions and providing eight assists.
Still just 24, these numbers could skyrocket if given the chance to play with more talented teammates.
Rashica is an intriguing transfer option because of the release clause in his contract.BILD report he is available for just £31.5 million (38m Euros).
This is a bargain for a player of his calibre and potential. After a year at United his value could double on his current release clause.
X-factor United are missing
Rashica would add an X-factor to United’s attack, an unpredictability which has been needed at times this season.
The Bundesliga website compare him to a prime Alexis Sanchez, the one we never got to fully experience.
He is described: “It’s not just his ability to play across the front line and ice-cold finishing that Rashica has in common with Arsenal-era Alexis Sanchez. A one-man attacking force with pace to burn, the Bremen talisman has that self-same stocky build and low centre of gravity that made Sanchez such an overwhelming prospect for opposition defenders back in his Barcelona and Arsenal days. He loves a set-piece goal, too.”
United hoped to add this type of player when we signed Sanchez in 2018, only for the Chilean to arrive as a burned out, shadow of his former self.
With Rashica, United would be signing a player with high ability, and with his best years still ahead of him. And for a fraction of Sanchez’s wages too.
- Pellistri and Diallo have versatility to both ultimately start together for United
- Donny van de Beek can prove he is ready for Manchester United superstardom this weekend
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely