Willy Kambwala signs Manchester United pro contract
Willy Kambwala has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
Kambwala joined United last October from Sochaux, for a fee of £3.6 million as per French outlet RMC Sport.
He was just 16 at that time, but has now turned 17 and signed a professional deal.
The teenager posted to Instagram to mark the big day, hailing it as a proud moment.
What does Kambwala have to offer?
In truth, he hasn’t been able to show much of what he can do due to rotten luck with injuries.
He only played one game following his arrival last season before suffering an injury which kept him out for 11 months.
Kambwala recently made his return from injury and will hope to really crack on now he has signed his first pro deal.
He is a central defender, who has pace as well as confidence on the ball in his game.
United’s club website shared the fact that Kambwala has captained France’s under-17 side, which underlines his leadership skills.
He is currently in United’s Under-18 setup, which means he is still a fair way off from first team consideration.
But he is in the right place to continue his development and will hope to kick on after missing almost a year of football.
- 5 clubs £40m valued Manchester United man could move to this summer
- Ten Hag issues young player warning after handing debuts to 22nd and 23rd academy players at Ajax
- Erik ten Hag responds when asked about potential Manchester United double deal
- 'He is a giant'… Erik ten Hag says he can't wait to work with Manchester United star
- 21-year-old Manchester United loanee wins fans player of the year