Photos: Shaw and Rashford return to full United training
Luke Shaw’s fitness is an area of concern for Manchester United ahead of the clash with Everton.
Shaw missed the dramatic win over Villarreal on Wednesday, when his deputy Alex Telles scored a stunning equaliser.
Yesterday, the England defender was pictured back in full training with the squad ahead of the game.
Solskjaer also gave a brief injury update to the club website about Shaw.
“Luke trained this morning, he’s had a shoulder injury and been ill so hopefully he can join in tomorrow,” said Solskjaer.
“Marcus [Rashford] trained fully today, the first time in a while that he could join in properly, that he could be tackled, there was a few tackles flying in so that’s good. So, we should be okay,” he added.
Rashford was also pictured in full training, all smiles as he edges closer to a recovery.
Rashford won’t play against Everton but Solskjaer hopes to have the Englishman back for the clash with Leicester after the international break.
“I hope he’s going to be involved against Leicester,” Solskjaer said. “He has been working physically really hard.
“Let’s hope he gets his bearings back and he begins to find his movement early on. I see many reasons now why he can be involved against Leicester.”
Telles’ performance in midweek means that United don’t need to rush Shaw back if he’s not fully ready yet.
That said, it would be a boost if United did have him available for a game which could take them top of the league with a win.
- Embarrassing: Harry Maguire 'liked' Cristiano Ronaldo post 'in error'
- Manchester United should have learned in 2019 that appeasing Ronaldo just won't be worth it
- Potential £40m signing should signal end of Harry Maguire captaincy at Manchester United
- Jurrien Timber sends message to Tyrell Malacia after Manchester United move confirmed
- 'Very exciting player'… Manager thrilled to snap up 21-year-old after Manchester United release