Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that Edinson Cavani will not return for this weekend’s clash against West Ham United.
United will attempt to put the Swiss setback against Young Boys behind them when we travel to the London Stadium on Sunday.
The Uruguayan has been struggling with a strain and has missed the last two matches.
But United’s manager is hoping he may return to training next week and could possibly play against the Hammers in the Carabao Cup clash on Wednesday.
Speaking at today’s press conference via MUTV, Solskjaer said: “Edinson hopefully will start training with us after the weekend,” Ole added. “Hopefully, maybe Monday.
“Maybe he’ll be involved on Wednesday because he had a fantastic season last season.”
Despite having a difficult start to the season, Solskjaer believes that Cavani will still have a ‘massive impact’ this campaign.
Solskjaer added: “I see Edinson having a massive impact because he’s that type of personality and a player. He’s a top professional and he can’t wait to get back on. He’s working really hard to get back on the pitch.”
Amad and Marcus Rashford will miss Sunday’s game through injury, while Dean Henderson and Phil Jones are working their way back up to full fitness after featuring for the Under-23s at Arsenal last weekend.
- David de Gea and Bruno Fernandes send messages to Manchester United fans ahead of crucial week
- Marcus Rashford return could help or hinder unlocking Jadon Sancho
- Elanga and Mengi continue impressive streaks for United’s Under-23 side
- Is the writing on the wall for Eric Bailly at Manchester United?
- Manchester United urgently need a style of play under Solskjaer – Opinion