Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Nemanja Matic both dropped out of Manchester United’s squad for the Arsenal game.
Both players had started against Chelsea, before failing to even make the bench against the Gunners.
Michael Carrick explained the absences are due to injury.
Speaking to MUTV, Carrick said: “Nemanja has picked up a little niggle, he felt his hamstring.”
Regarding Wan-Bissaka, he added: “Hudson Odoi stood on his hand. He’s in a fair bit of pain. It was touch and go but he didn’t make it today.”
Luke Shaw is also out, with the left-back being treated cautiously after sustaining a concussion.
Diogo Dalot is in at right-back for his first Premier League start of the season.
Harry Maguire also comes back into the side at the expense of Eric Bailly, with Cristiano Ronaldo replacing Nemanja Matic, with United sacrificing a midfielder and starting an extra attacker.
One exciting development is Amad makes the bench for the first time in the league this season.
Starting XI: De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Telles, McTominay, Fred, Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford, Ronaldo.
Substitutes: Henderson, Jones, Bailly, van de Beek, Mata, Lingard, Amad, Greenwood, Martial.
- Photo: Martial points to Sevilla badge after signing deal, squad number unveiled, Rashford reacts
- Done deal: Sevilla confirm loan signing of Anthony Martial
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit