United will get 10% of future Ercolani sale as young defender departs
Luca Ercolani has left Manchester United to join Italian club Carpi.
United confirmed end that Ercolani’s departure is done, subject to international clearance, wishing him well for the future.
He is joining the Serie C side in a bid to start playing regular first team football.
Italian newspaper Il Resto Di Carlino report United will receive 10 per cent of any future sale made by Carpi for Ercolani.
An exit is the right move for Ercolani
Ercolani signed for United in 2016 from Italian Serie D side Forli.
He played for the under-18s and under-23s although never quite looked like making the first team breakthrough.
At the start of last season he suffered an ACL injury which ruined a crucial season for him.
He was soon overtaken by Teden Mengi and Will Fish, who have both trained with the first team over the past year.
Upon his return Ercolani featured for the under-23s this season although again missed some time with injury.
A first team call was unlikely so Ercolani’s exit is the right decision. He is moving to a level where he should have no problem playing first team football and putting his education at United to good use, before hopefully climbing the football ladder in Italy.
Ercolani has also been taking his coaching badges while at United, and could have a future in the dugout one day too.
- 39-year-old Manchester United man announces retirement from professional football
- 5 Italian players that played for Manchester United amid links with £51m former Atalanta man
- 'I blame the Glazers': Neville says Manchester United should have axed figure years ago
- Manchester United must target £30m 'best in Eredivisie' DM, wore Red Devils shirt in 2021
- Manchester United Champions League winner hailed £43m target as 'fantastic player'
- 6 Manchester United stars in 'worst Premier League XI of the season'
- Photo: Paul Pogba new haircut drops latest United to Juventus exit hint
- 95% Pass Accuracy, 2 Chances Created: £20m Ten Hag target shows why Manchester United are keen
- Photo: Marcus Rashford celebrates getting engaged
- Young duo who quit Manchester United 1 win away from clinching La Liga promotion