The dust has settled a bit and we are still rightly very annoyed about United’s draw with Southampton.
This was another away game where United needlessly dropped points from a winning position, drawing 1-1.
There were positives and negatives from the performance, lets start with the two most impressive players.
It took James just 10 minutes to score his third goal for United, and it was an unstoppable strike.
He had a few more efforts, and while they were powerfully struck, they were too central to really trouble Angus Gunn in goal.
In total he had five shots, four on target, and also created two chances.
James’ execution dropped as the game went on and he tired, but at least he was trying to make things happen and getting into good positions.
He looks most comfortable out on the left wing and overall we should be really pleased with how he has started at United.
Another summer signing, Aaron Wan-Bissaka barely put a foot wrong at St Mary’s.
He made 10 successful tackles, the highest of any player in the Premier League this season.
The right-back also created once chance, and made one interception.
He has been a big upgrade at right-back and while this was a third successive game without a clean sheet, he has made the team stronger.
The results might not be good, but Wan-Bissaka can hold his head high.
- United fans call for 58th minute walkout at Old Trafford against Wolves
- Desperate Manchester United still have to buy quality not quantity
- How did Manchester United have no ‘plan B’ after Haaland?
- Manchester United fans react to facing Tranmere in FA Cup fourth round
- Scott McTominay is targeting United return for Europa League games