Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird has had an decent start on loan at Swansea in the Championship.
He made his third appearance for the Swans last night, in the EFL Cup against Plymouth.
Laird provided his first assist of the season in a 4-1 win over Ryan Lowe’s side.
Changed the game
Laird was introduced as a substitute on 78 minutes, with the game locked at 1-1 and heading for penalties.
Swansea scored a minute later to make it 2-1, and by full time it was a thrashing, with Morgan Whittaker having completed a rapid hat-trick.
Laird laid on the final goal of the night after a trademark burst down the right flank and a pinpoint cross.
Wales Online said he ‘made a difference’ when he came on and gave Laird a 7/10 for his cameo display.
Laird only made four passes in his time on the pitch, but two of them created chances for a teammate.
He also embarked on a dribble and was a factor in Swansea taking the game away from their opponents.
Laird knows Swansea manager Russell Martin well from their time working together at MK Dons last season.
The early signs are he can make the step up to Championship football. Swansea will be looking to improve on their current position of 16th and Laird can help them do exactly that.
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with
- Manchester United loanee Will Fish performances rated by Hibernian captain