United loanee Ethan Laird records first assist in Swansea win
Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird has had an decent start on loan at Swansea in the Championship.
He made his third appearance for the Swans last night, in the EFL Cup against Plymouth.
Laird provided his first assist of the season in a 4-1 win over Ryan Lowe’s side.
Changed the game
Laird was introduced as a substitute on 78 minutes, with the game locked at 1-1 and heading for penalties.
Swansea scored a minute later to make it 2-1, and by full time it was a thrashing, with Morgan Whittaker having completed a rapid hat-trick.
Laird laid on the final goal of the night after a trademark burst down the right flank and a pinpoint cross.
Wales Online said he ‘made a difference’ when he came on and gave Laird a 7/10 for his cameo display.
Laird only made four passes in his time on the pitch, but two of them created chances for a teammate.
He also embarked on a dribble and was a factor in Swansea taking the game away from their opponents.
Laird knows Swansea manager Russell Martin well from their time working together at MK Dons last season.
The early signs are he can make the step up to Championship football. Swansea will be looking to improve on their current position of 16th and Laird can help them do exactly that.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate