United loanee Ethan Galbraith praised by teammate after Doncaster debut
Manchester United youngster Ethan Galbraith sealed his loan switch to Doncaster Rovers on Friday.
A day later he was named in Doncaster’s starting XI in a League One clash with Sheffield Wednesday.
Galbraith was played in a wide attacking role as opposed to his more customary deeper midfield position.
The 20-year-old Northern Ireland international lined up with former United academy youngster Aidan Barlow, who signed with Doncaster as a free agent this summer after a year out of the game.
Doncaster lost 2-0 to a superior Owls side, with Galbraith playing all 90 minutes.
While the United loanee was booked, he also created three goalscoring chances, more than any player on the pitch.
Galbraith also made three tackles, the second highest among the Doncaster team, and made two interceptions.
With more than 70 academy games for United under his belt, Galbraith showed he was more than capable of making the step up to men’s football.
Left a good impression
Galbraith’s display impressed teammate John Bostock, formerly of Crystal Palace, Tottenham, and more recently Nottingham Forest.
Speaking to the club website, Bostock said: “He came in yesterday and was really quiet, then goes and puts in such a good performance on his professional debut.
“It’s nice to have him here because he’s got a massive future in the game, I enjoyed playing alongside him and hopefully we can develop that relationship.
“I remember older professionals speaking to me when I was his age so I want to help him while he’s here.”
Galbraith will be looking to build on his bright debut, facing Accrington Stanley on Tuesday night and then Portsmouth next weekend.
- Real Madrid star says Manchester United summer signing “has a lot of quality”
- Rio Ferdinand claims in-form Manchester United man better suited to international football than Premier League
- £46m Manchester United star says he is feeling confident ahead of the World Cup
- 21 direct goal involvements in last 14 games : 23-year-old Manchester United target shines on international stage
- International boss explains why he trialled Manchester United ace in new position and gives verdict on display
- Ralf Rangnick relegated as Austria slump to third defeat in a row
- 'No chance': Manchester United star gutted after 4-1 loss and desperate to avoid relegation
- Barcelona sporting director says Manchester United have made a very good decision
- 'World class': Teammate raves over Manchester United star after 'frighteningly good' international performance
- Manchester United receive a favour as international boss learns same lesson as Ten Hag