Manchester United face the prospect of having no Paul Pogba for up to 10 weeks after the Frenchman picked a thigh injury on international duty.
The midfielder was seen limping out of France training on Monday after having a shot on goal.
Reports from French outlet RMC Sport claim that Pogba has a thigh injury which will keep him out for between eight and ten weeks.
The World Cup winner may not return to the United first team fold until late January. One wonders what state the club will be in when the club’s number six is fit enough to return.
With contract uncertainty continuing to surround the 28-year-old, his last two appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side haven’t been great viewing.
His reckless red card against Liverpool shortly after coming on at at half-time brought a three-game ban and his lacklustre performance against Atalanta drew criticism from Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand.
Pogba is going to miss the remaining two Champions League group games, an FA Cup third round clash and Premier League games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal.
There is an argument to suggest that the former Juventus man may have played his last game in a Manchester United shirt.
With him and his notorious agent Mino Raiola free to negotiate with foreign clubs over a free transfer come the new year, United may accept a cut price for the Frenchman in the January window.
Following the news of Pogba’s injury set back, a number of Manchester United fans have been reacting on social media…
- Manager says Mourinho tried to sign international striker when he was Manchester United boss
- Manchester United caught napping by Prem club's 'game-changing' £33m midfielder deal
- Exclusive: Spanish football expert reacts to Martial deal, whether Sevilla can afford him permanently
- Uruguay manager and South American press react to Facundo Pellistri's debut performance
- Manchester United warned 'extraordinary offer' required to sign midfielder