United fans react to latest Paul Pogba setback
They report that Pogba was expected back in training this week but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is now ill.
Pogba attended his brother’s wedding in France on Friday and apparently had to have a check up with United’s club doctor the next day and got worse on Sunday.
Solskjaer said: “He’s been struck down ill. He’s been off two days, which is not beneficial. It’s probably set him back quite a bit.
“It’s games like the Everton one, for example, when you are lacking that one creative pass or idea. He has the quality not many midfielders in the world have, so it would be great to get him back.”
This saga has been rumbling on with Pogba for months now, and many United fans feel that the latest setback show is yet another sign he wants to leave the club.
The transfer window opens again next month and he has not played for United since September.
Solskjaer is right to highlight United’s lack of midfield creativity without Pogba in the side but if the Frenchman’s heart isn’t in it, it’s increasingly difficult to make the case for keeping him at Old Trafford if a suitable offer comes in.
It remains to be seen whether Pogba will be back in time for the festive period after this latest update. At this rate, probably not…
- Confirmed Manchester United XI v Brentford: McTominay axed
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes