The Sun claim Manchester United have struck a deal with Leicester to sign Harry Maguire.
United will reportedly pay £80 million in total. £60 million will be an up front fee plus £20 million in add ons.
Maguire is reportedly due in Manchester for a medical as soon as Monday.
Is it happening?
Last summer The Sun claimed United had signed Sergej Milinkovic-Savic for £80 million, so we won’t get ahead of ourselves just yet.
Nothing has been confirmed by the club so far.
Journalist Sam Pilger is not convinced the deal is done just yet.
However Leicester have done little to shoot it down all summer, instead simply holding out for a high fee.
United have also backed off all other defensive targets.
£80 million or even £60 million seems excessive, but the simple facts are that Maguire will make United a better team.
If he does sign quickly this week, Maguire could fly out to join his new teammates on tour.
Here is a look at how United fans reacted on Twitter to the claims…
- Michael Owen says he expects Manchester United to challenge for the title
- Manchester United fans predict Sancho deal will be announced on the 7th
- A look back at Ethan Laird’s statement of intent for United one year ago
- The cost of slashing Jack Grealish’s asking price may be one Solskjaer won’t want to consider
- Three reasons Jadon Sancho to Manchester United finally looks to be on