Two Manchester United stars named in WhoScored team of the season so far
Manchester United are not doing as badly as the doom and gloom merchants suggest.
United sit just two points off the top of the Premier League and there is a lot more to come from this exciting squad.
There have been a handful of standout performers so far from United’s perspective and two players have been named in the WhoScored.com team of the season so far.
The statistics website has both Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in the Premier League’s best performing team of the campaign.
Do Pogba and Fernandes deserve their place?
Pogba and Fernandes have both enjoyed strong starts to the campaign even if they have not been able to carry the team to league wins over the past fortnight.
Pogba is the Premier League assist leader with seven so far. On that alone you could argue he warrants a place in this side.
Fernandes has scored four goals, all from open play, and registered his first league assist of the season at the weekend.
Both players have shown glimpses of what they are capable of. In Pogba’s case in particular he still has room to grow and become more of a goal threat in the final third himself.
Pogba does not have an assist to his name in the last five consecutive matches in all competitions and he will want to work to put this right when club football resumes.
Pogba and Fernandes have done well, but if you take out the Leeds game in which Pogba had four assists and Fernandes had three goals, the pair’s figures would not look so smart.
There are some huge fixtures upcoming between now and the next international break in November, and it will be interesting to see whether Fernandes and Pogba can retain their places in this statistical XI.
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine
- Club begin talks to sign replacement for £20m Manchester United strike target