Trio left out of United squad for Watford after Brugge game, teen trio called in
Three players who featured for Manchester United against Club Brugge on Thursday night are not in the squad to face Watford.
The Manchester Evening News report Diogo Dalot, Andreas Pereira and Jesse Lingard are not in the squad for Sunday’s game.
Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes do make it in, alongside Odion Ighalo who could face his former club.
Gomes and Chong -featured for United’s under-19s on Thursday rather than being with the first team, although there is no place for James Garner this time.
Mason Greenwood is also in the squad after missing the Brugges game with illness, while Eric Bailly has also shaken off a knock.
Scott McTominay is in the squad although there is no place for Axel Tuanzebe or Timothy Fosu-Mensah.
Dropped or unfit?
Pereira and Lingard were two of United’s most disappointing performers against Brugge and have struggled badly all season.
This could be manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer getting tough on the duo.
However with just two full days in between games, there could be fitness or illness issues relating to their absence.
Dalot also did not have the best of games in Brugge, but unlike Lingard and Pereira, he has struggled with injuries throughout the season.
A loss for Tottenham today and Sheffield United only drawing means United can move into fifth place with a victory, which would place us just three points behind Chelsea in fourth.
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury