Three 'nose breaking' strikers who would be ideal for United
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made clearly publicly that he wants a new striker.
What’s more, he specified the type of scorer he would like Manchester United to sign.
Quoted by Goal, he said: “We need more goalscorers, more goals, someone who wants to break their nose or toe to score.”
So who might that be? Close to deadline it is tough to do deals, but here is a look at three players who may fit the bill…
Fulham’s Serbian striker is exactly the type of forward Solskjaer is describing.
He is an old fashioned centre-forward who causes problems for defenders, and he is in great form.
Mitrovic has netted 18 goals in 26 Championship games this season, following on from scoring 11 Premier League goals last season – just one less than Romelu Lukaku managed.
The problem will be convincing Fulham to sell at this late stage, they are fourth in England’s second tier and losing Mitrovic would hurt their promotion chances.
Former Chelsea striker Diego Costa is a pretty exact fit for Solskjaer’s demands.
Costa is a bruiser, a menace who teams hate playing against. He could teach Anthony Martial a thing or two.
His situation at Atletico is intriguing, he has only started eight La Liga games this season.
If Atletico bring in Edinson Cavani, he could be squeezed out further. Costa is 31 and has plenty more to give.
Kosovo striker Muriqi is in good form for Fenerbahce, scoring 12 goals in 18 games.
He gave Harry Maguire a good test in recent European qualifiers and is an awkward opponent at 6 foot 4″.
Muriqi has been loosely linked to United too, with Turkish Football reporting Fenerbahce would look for £20 million plus if they were to sell this month.
He would really shake up United’s options and provide an aerial presence the team do not currently possess.
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury