Cristiano Ronaldo’s return to Manchester United has been confirmed.
We’re just waiting for him to pass his medical and pull on the famous red shirt once again.
The club have moved rapidly to snap up the chance to re-sign Ronaldo once it became clear he’d be leaving Juventus.
How much did Ronaldo cost United?
The BBC report that United have agreed to pay £12.8 million to bring Ronaldo back.
That transfer fee up front represents a great deal for United to bring back one of the greatest players in their history.
What about add-ons?
The Athletic claim that the deal also contains around €8 million (£6.9 million) in add-ons.
We don’t know what they are, obviously, and Ronaldo has a two-year contract in which to reach them.
But even if the Portuguese megastar hits every single one of them, the transfer fee will come in under £20 million.
That cannot be argued with for a player of Ronaldo’s quality.
How much will Ronaldo earn at United?
Di Marzio report that United have offered Ronaldo a whopping £25 million net annual salary.
That works out at £480,000-a-week. Those are staggering numbers and it’s why only a handful of clubs in the world can afford Ronaldo.
Ronaldo’s proven quality
United may need to make some outgoing moves between now and Tuesday’s deadline.
Even with a relatively low transfer fee, the club will clearly be investing a lot in the deal.
For a player of Ronaldo’s proven quality, it’s worth it. Especially if he brings the Premier League or Champions League back to Old Trafford.
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters