Tahith Chong delighted after first assist since August
Manchester United’s Tahith Chong is enjoying a loan spell at Birmingham which has been successful so far.
Blues boss Lee Bowyer is a big fan of Chong and he has captured the imagination of the fans.
Chong’s performances have been good, but he is yet to score a goal for his temporary employers.
And until Saturday’s game, his only assists for Birmingham came in August, during a 5-0 thumping of Luton.
Chong set up Troy Deeney’s goal just after half-time as the Blues saw off Swansea City 2-1 at St Andrew’s.
He played in his now customary position between the two strikers in Bowyer’s 3-4-1-2 system.
Swansea struggled badly to contain him and he was fouled a whopping seven times in the match, as per WhoScored.
The game saw Chong come up against a fellow United loanee in Ethan Laird.
In addition to the message above he posted to celebrate the win, Chong also exchanged messages with Laird on Instagram after the game.
The challenge for Chong is to turn his entertaining and enterprising performances into match-winning contributions more often.
A goal involvement in a win is always good, and now the next target is a first Birmingham goal.
- Ten Hag eyeing £25 million move for Ajax's player of the season
- 5 alternatives to Frenkie de Jong for Manchester United, one is free, another is the PL's top bargain
- Manchester United target Antony could leave Ajax this summer, admits Daley Blind
- 19-year-old defensive midfielder thrilled to join Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United training
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss