Only the details remain for Bruno Fernandes to become a Manchester United player.
United confirmed on the club website yesterday that Fernandes is incoming, pending a medical.
He arrived in Manchester last night, the MEN reported, ahead of his medical today, formal pictures and interviews, and contract signature.
Fernandes the player is exactly what United need, and his character has been widely praised too.
You can tell a lot about the player from the fondness Sporting have for their outgoing captain.
The club are still talking him up as he heads for an exit, asking United to take good care of him.
When will he be ready?
There is a chance Fernandes could feature for United right away against Wolves this weekend. We could do with him.
Solskjaer’s comments sounded like he could be counting on him too.
Speaking to the Evening Standard last night he said: “Let’s get the contract signed and medical done. But the boy is fit and ready to play, I would presume. Let’s see if we get it done tomorrow.”
Fernandes played for Sporting on Monday night, and might be ready for United on Saturday providing he can get a training session in on Friday.
Miracles should not be expected, with little preparation time and chance to adapt to his new teammates, but frankly it is impossible for him to deliver a worse performance than the one Jesse Lingard put in last night.
- Reaction as Manchester United set to net £5m loan fee with Anthony Martial exit agreed
- Manager “really pleased” with Manchester United loanee's performances vs league's best
- 7 players who could leave Manchester United before the transfer deadline
- 10 things we learned from Ralf Rangnick's first 10 games in charge at Manchester United
- Ranking Marcus Rashford's 4 Manchester United injury time winning goals