Report: Some Manchester United players feel Solskjaer was sold short in the transfer window
Manchester United’s Champions League exit has prompted much soul-searching about the state of the club.
The Telegraph have published a report supposedly detailing what a number of United players feel about various issues at the club.
Apparently, they feel Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tinkering with formations and personnel hasn’t helped them build momentum this season.
They feel he still doesn’t know what his best team is. Though the question remains; is that any excuse to start as slowly as they did in Leipzig on Tuesday?
Interestingly, there is apparently more sympathy for Solskjaer over what he has been able to do in the transfer market.
Some players feel he was sold short in the summer, when he was unable to sign top target Jadon Sancho.
More generally, they feel he hasn’t been able to evolve the squad as much as he would like.
Champions League group stage fixtures
- PSG (A)
United win 2-1: Fernandes, Rashford
- RB Leipzig (H)
United win 5-0: Greenwood, Rashford (3), Martial
- Istanbul Basaksehir (A)
United lose 2-1: Martial
- Istanbul Basaksehir (H)
United win 4-1: Fernandes (2), Rashford, James
- PSG (H)
United lose 3-1: Rashford
- RB Leipzig (A)
United lose 3-2: Fernandes, Pogba
Why are we hearing this?
It’s hard to shake the feeling that we shouldn’t be hearing these kinds of leaks from United.
There has been information leaking out of the club for years now – about transfer targets and discontent at various times.
That wasn’t the case when David Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson were at the helm.
It perhaps also comes across as the players not taking responsibility for their own shortcomings too.
They are shifting the blame onto the tactics and the transfers, but they were the ones who started so slowly in Germany.
The best way to do the talking would be getting back on track with a win over Manchester City on Saturday.
- 'World-class' star who Darren Fletcher has watched is good enough for Manchester United, says ex-international
- Photo: Neymar picks injured Manchester United man out in crowd as he celebrates during Brazil win
- 'Fundamental pillar': Manchester United-linked star with £52m release clause wants to stay put, says club president
- 6 young players on Manchester United training camp most likely to make first team jump for Carabao Cup clash
- Manchester United now reportedly want to sign 79-cap World Cup star for free, crushing blow to first team regular