Solskjaer says Telles has suffered an injury and faces weeks out
Alex Telles is missing from the Manchester United side who will face Queens Park Rangers today.
Telles played in the 2-1 win at Derby to kick off pre-season on Sunday but isn’t even in the squad today.
When asked about it before the game, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer told the club’s website that Telles has suffered an injury.
“Unfortunately, Alex slipped and he twisted his ankle so he’ll be out for a few weeks,” he said.
“We’re hoping that it’s not going to be too bad but he’ll be out for a little while.”
Brandon Williams will start at left-back against Mark Warburton’s side, just as he did at Derby.
United now have injury concerns over both of their most senior left-backs going into the season.
Earlier this week, it was reported that Luke Shaw played most of the knockout rounds of Euro 2020 with broken ribs.
United’s medical staff still haven’t had a chance to examine the injury because he’s gone off on holiday.
Telles might have hoped get a chance to show what he can do as first choice left-back in pre-season.
But now Williams has an opportunity and talk of a loan exit this summer might have to be put on hold.
- 4-2-3-1: Predicted Manchester United XI v Brentford, 4 changes, McTominay dropped
- Photo: Youngster signs Manchester United contract after academy transfer
- Erik ten Hag press conference: Manchester United will make signings before transfer window closes
- 'Will not be available': Ten Hag confirms two Manchester United players will miss Brentford clash through injury
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m