Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been asked how good Manchester United prospect Amad Diallo could become.
In an interview with Sky Sports, Solskjaer was questioned on what his first impressions of the Ivorian winger were and how high his potential is.
Solskjaer spoke in glowing terms about the teenager United spent a reported (Goal) £37 million to sign.
“He’s still a young lad, he’s 18 but of course we see top, top potential in him,” said Solskjaer of Amad.
“He’s a very good lad, very likeable, he works hard. Of course he needs to adapt to a new country, a new language.
“He doesn’t speak English well enough still to feel confident enough to engage in the conversations – but that’s coming, he’s learning.
“We believe he has the attributes mentally, technically and physically to be a top player for us.”
Diallo is clearly a hugely exciting young prospect. If managed correctly, he could be the long-term solution on the right wing for United.
It’s about being patient with him, because as Solskjaer said, he’s still settling into life in England and learning the language.
If he does go on to be as good as Solskjaer hopes he will, Diallo should enjoy a long and successful career at United.
£37 million for an unproven teenager did represent a risky deal but it will be money well spent if Amad develops as Solskjaer hopes.
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United
- Phil Jones pictured training for first time in 2021
- Harry Maguire names United’s strongest player and most talented
- Solskjaer says Bailly will definitely not face Granada