Solskjaer offers fitness update ahead of Tottenham clash
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has faced the press for the first time since Manchester United’s 5-0 thrashing by Liverpool.
Solskjaer has conducted his press conference ahead of the trip to face Tottenham.
He said that Paul Pogba is his only absentee for the trip to face Nuno Espirito Santo’s side.
That means that Raphael Varane and Anthony Martial are seemingly fit and available for the game.
“Of course Paul is suspended but, apart from that, it’s a fully fit squad,” Solskjaer said.
“Which is a very strange position to be in, to have 25 outfield players and five keepers training. Thirty men training this week, all fit.”
Solskjaer brought Harry Maguire straight back in after just one day of training against Leicester earlier this month.
Varane has had a full week of training, which means Solskjaer will likely have no qualms about bringing him straight back in.
That said, Solskjaer needs to make sure he does not make the same mistake, with so much on the line in this game.
Martial is more likely to be on the bench if anything at Spurs, but Solskjaer has a host of attacking options with which to change things after the Liverpool thrashing.
- Now Manchester United could sign Erik ten Hag's most reliable player after De Jong move
- Star set to complete Manchester United move once £5m bonus dispute with club is sorted: Report
- Deal close: Manchester United hope to finalise £69m De Jong move by end of the week
- 'Watch Love Island instead': Six worst/funniest reviews left by Manchester United fans on Paul Pogba's documentary
- Report: 'Outstanding' 22-year-old talent is now all set to leave Manchester United on loan