Solskjaer raves about United youngster Mason Greenwood
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is backing Mason Greenwood to become a Manchester United star in 2019/20.
Greenwood made his first team debut last season and impressed in United’s opening pre-season game.
Even at just 17, Greenwood is being viewed as a first team player.
Solskjaer is believes the teenager will dazzle this upcoming season and raved about his attributes in a BBC Sport interview.
Solskjaer said: “He’s a natural finisher, a natural footballer. Right-footed, left-footed. I don’t think he knows if he’s more predominant on his right or his left.
“He takes penalties with both feet and free-kicks with both feet. He finds space naturally.
“He’ll always end up with chances. He’ll score goals this year, I am 100% sure of that.”
Greenwood showed in his recent game against Perth Glory how easily he can get into goalscoring positions.
The young striker didn’t get on the scoresheet, but his record of 30 goals in 29 youth games last season in the academy suggests it won’t be long.
He featured on the right wing in that game and if he can adapt to this role it could be a way in to the team to get more first team opportunities.
Greenwood will get chances in the Europa League for sure. If he can kick on in pre-season, then he will start forcing his way into the Premier League team too.
We believe in Greenwood, and it’s fantastic to see that Solskjaer does as well.
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace
- Dani Alves has given backing to Manchester United target with £340m release clause
- Manchester United still scouting wonderkid three years after Old Trafford trial, 2023 earliest deal possible