Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has selected his Manchester United side to take on Liverpool.
Anthony Martial has once again been left out of the squad altogether. He has not featured since the international break.
His fellow Frenchman Raphael Varane also came back from the Nations League injured.
Speaking to MUTV ahead of the game, Solskjaer gave a quick update on the fitness of both men.
“Anthony and Raphael are the two that did not make it. we are missing today. Hopefully they [Varane & Martial] will be back for maybe next weekend.
“You have to start on the front foot, be dominant and show your quality and mindset.
“Then, you will get another ten per cent from the crowd and stamp or authority on the game. There are lots of keys.”
In truth, Martial would likely have had to settle for a place on the bench at best anyway.
Varane would have been a likely starter but he must wait for his first meeting with Liverpool as a United player.
The side Solskjaer has picked is strong, with the likes of Paul Pogba, Jadon Sancho and Edinson Cavani on the bench to change things if needed.
United’s next game is against Tottenham next Saturday and perhaps Varane and Martial will be in the squad there.
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports