Shola Shoretire scores first Manchester United under-18s goal
Last year Shola Shoretire set a record when he became the youngest ever player in the UEFA Youth League.
At just 14-years-old he was selected by Nicky Butt against Valencia in the under-19s competition.
Shoretire continues to progress, and at the weekend he hit another milestone in his development.
He scored his first goal for United’s under-18 side in a dramatic 4-4 draw with Leicester City.
Shoretire has been a regular for United’s under-18s this season, making six appearances.
This was the first goal the young winger had scored and will help him feel he belongs at this level.
Now 15, Shoretire turns 16 in February and United have no need to rush him. To be impacting games already at his age shows his quality.
Clearly the feeling from Neil Ryan and his coaching staff is that Shoretire is capable of rising to the challenge of under-18s football and he is coming good.
It is also notable that he has captained England at under-16s level.
Shoretire’s goal had given United a 4-1 lead, but a defensive collapse saw Leicester fight back and claim a draw. Mark Helm, Ben Hockenhull, Dillon Hoogewerf had scored United’s three opening goals.
- Report: Manchester United raise £1m transfer target budget to £7m
- Photos: Cristiano Ronaldo features as United officially release new 2022/23 third kit
- Forget Arnautovic, the most ludicrous Manchester United striker link yet has emerged
- Manchester United's possible midfield solution could finally make career-changing breakthrough this weekend
- Report: £63m Manchester United target's fiancee 'desperate' to stay put